$58 plus shipping calculated in your shopping cart
There has been interest in a longer tool for use with composting toilets, so we have worked with David Omick, of www.omick.net, to figure out the best size. With his expertise and advice, we are making available this option for a special 52 inch Compost Crank®! It works perfectly with Barrel Composting Toilet Systems, or any other 55 gallon barrel composting systems. Since a standard 55 gallon barrel is approximately 36 inches deep, this longer tool will have a working length of 36 inches, as well. Meaning your hands and the cranking action stay above the barrel height. Everything else about the tool is the same as the original Compost Crank®. So for those of you looking for a longer tool, here it is!
- 52 inches long to give extra length while using to aerate composting toilets.
- 36 inches working length for ease of use in a standard 55 gallon barrel compost toilet system.
- Comfortable, easy to use, free-spinning, naturally UV stable, black nylon handles.
- Durable, stainless steel, rust resistant construction.
- Made in Tucson, Arizona on machinery we built from recycled parts.
- The tools are handcrafted, so minor variations are inherent.
“I was recently asked by Lotech, the makers of the Compost Crank, for advice on designing a crank ideally sized for use with 55 gallon barrel composting systems. The result is their new, Special Long Composting Crank. It’s a perfect length for use with our Barrel Composting Toilet System or any other 55 gallon barrel composting system. While the shorter “standard” length works fine, the new, longer length is even better. It improves sanitation and convenience by allowing the user to crank to the bottom of the barrel while keeping both hands entirely outside of the barrel.
Except for the longer length, the Special Long Compost Crank is identical to the standard model. Both are, in a positive sense, anachronisms in that they’re American-made and built to last a lifetime.
(Please note that this is an unbiased review. Except for receiving a Special Long Compost Crank for testing, I have no affiliation with Lotech and have not received any financial compensation from them.)”