Long Compost Crank®Lotech Products LLC
Everything else about this tool is the same as the original Compost Crank®, with an extra 7 inches of working length. So for those of you looking for a longer tool for your taller compost bin, here it is! This longer tool originally came about because people were asking for a longer version for composting toilets, so we worked with David Omick (see quote below) to figure out the best size. With his expertise and advice, we are making available this option for a special 52 inch Compost Crank®!
- 52 inches long to give extra length while using to aerate taller compost bins and composting toilets.
- 36 inches working length for ease of use in taller compost bins and a standard 55 gallon barrel compost toilet system.
- Comfortable, easy to use, free-spinning, naturally UV stable, black nylon handles.
- Durable, stainless steel, rust resistant construction.
- Made in Tucson, Arizona on machinery we built from recycled parts.
- The tools are handcrafted, so minor variations are inherent.
- Important Tool Instructions
- Shipping, Policies, and Warranty
“I was recently asked by Lotech, the makers of the Compost Crank, for advice on designing a crank ideally sized for use with 55 gallon barrel composting systems. The result is their new, Special Long Composting Crank. It’s a perfect length for use with our Barrel Composting Toilet System or any other 55 gallon barrel composting system. While the shorter “standard” length works fine, the new, longer length is even better. It improves sanitation and convenience by allowing the user to crank to the bottom of the barrel while keeping both hands entirely outside of the barrel.
Except for the longer length, the Special Long Compost Crank is identical to the standard model. Both are, in a positive sense, anachronisms in that they’re American-made and built to last a lifetime.
(Please note that this is an unbiased review. Except for receiving a Special Long Compost Crank for testing, I have no affiliation with Lotech and have not received any financial compensation from them.)”
David Omick “Living Outside The Box”, of www.omick.net
Warning: Use of this tool has been known to cause people to rave about it to nongardening/noncomposting friends which makes them believe that you have finally lost your mind. Courtesy of Dan Speece, Mt. Airy, MD (The Duke of Dirt)
We love our new extra long compost crank. We have an aerated static pile system made up of four 4x4 bins and the crank is the perfect way to fluff the material up and create new air pockets every week so that the forced air can do an even better job! Very sturdy yet sleek design, easy to use!
Much needed and love it!