Stainless Steel and Copper Raised Garden Bed - SquareLotech Products LLC
New! Stainless steel & copper are beautiful, durable, and infinitely recyclable materials. They have a clean look, and won’t chip, crack, or fade. So, what could be better than a stainless steel & copper raised garden bed for you to use in your own backyard.
The stainless steel panels are thin, so that they will be lightweight, yet they are strong to resist bowing when filled with soil. A folded double hem across the top and bottom edges adds comfort and rigidity. The copper brackets and garden bed corners are thoughtfully designed to nest together for super quick and simple assembly, using only 3 fasteners per corner.
This garden bed is finished to an attractive brushed polish. Stainless steel is a highly rust-resistant material, and the brushed finish adds to this protection. Some minor maintenance may be required to keep your garden bed looking bright. We recommend you visually inspect it, every so often. If you see a small brown spot, it can be cleaned off with a light abrasive like a Scotch-Brite pad (included).
The copper brackets have a brushed finish, also. And are left uncoated, so they will age and patina over time. When it is polished, copper is a beautiful orange-red. As the patina forms, it will turn a rich brown, and then slowly to the green color you may know from the Statue of Liberty or an old copper penny.
Happy gardening, year after year after year!
The Ambrose Family
- The 26 gauge, 304 grade stainless steel panels are double hemmed for stability and safety.
- The 24 gauge solid copper corner brackets will age and change color naturally, no coatings applied.
- Only 12 stainless steel screws and wingnuts are durable, attractive, and do not require any tools for fast and easy assembly.
- The nesting corner design means fewer parts and quicker assembly.
- Stainless steel hardware keeps your garden bed looking neat.
- 10" tall by 36" wide, perfect for lettuces, radishes, onions, peas, some leafy greens, summer squash, and strawberries.
- This is a bottomless garden bed. Dig and amend ground soil below the bed, to the desired depth, for deeper rooting plants. Or use garden bed liner cloth (not included) if you prefer. Guides are available from your local cooperative extension office.
- Will require approximately 8 cubic feet of soil.
- Products are handcrafted in Tucson, Arizona.
- As copper oxidizes, it is normal to turn a deep brown. The familiar green coloration occurs over a long period of time. For more information, see our note about the materials bellow.
- Minor imperfections are inherent; stainless steel is rust-resistant, and can not be guaranteed rust proof. Rusting and staining is possible. For more information about the science of stainless steel, see our note about the materials bellow.